This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: gdr at integrable-solutions dot net
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 03 10:39:07 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
I believe this generalization is drifting away from the initial
Sure, but for what I consider a good reason: if we're going to treat
*certain* undefined behavior differently than others we need to:
(1) Be explicit that we are doing that; and
(2) Precisely characterize which behaviors are in each set.