This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: roger at www dot eyesopen dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 03 10:29:10 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Document arithmetic overflow semantics
I completely disagree, and so do GCC's patch reviewers. The behaviour
of a program with optimization should always be the same as its behaviour
Only for correct programs.
Are you really claiming that a program with an uninitialized variable
must be compiled in such a way that it produces the same result independent