This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Patch: RAM-based heuristics for ggc-min-heapsize and ggc-min-expand
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:36:11 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Patch: RAM-based heuristics for ggc-min-heapsize and ggc-min-expand
- References: <200302131139.h1DBdF209858@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
> From: Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Wouldn't it make sense for the "gcc" driver program to determine these
> values and pass them in as parameters to cc1? Then compilations would be
> repeatable across multiple machines since -v would show us what values
> were in use.
Yes, that's it! It addresses Jonathan's suggestion too. However the
specs stuff makes my head hurt. :-) Can you suggest where to tweek the
code to do this for all platforms?
Kaveh R. Ghazi email@example.com