This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A congerie of small performance patches
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:39:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: A congerie of small performance patches
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
| * cp/search.c (bfs_walk): Create the varray on the first call,
| then save it in a static variable for future calls.
This hinders efforts towards reentrant front-ends.
Are you saying a goal is to have threadable front ends, or that the bfs_walk
worker functions can call bfs_walk?
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
The voices in my head said this was stupid too
firstname.lastname@example.org : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : email@example.com