This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unit at a time 2/3 - backward inlining, local functions
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at cygnus dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:21:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unit at a time 2/3 - backward inlining, local functions
- References: <20030212231342.GK14454@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com>
> Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Hi,
> > this patch adds an optimization of local functions (functions visible only
> > inside current unit that are not dereferenced, so calling convention can be
> > modified)
> It took me a few moments to figure out that you meant "whose addresses
> are never taken" by "dereferenced." Maybe use that terminology instead?
Yes, that is fine for me.
I finally have to leave for a vacation, but will update the patch at