This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unit at time compilation mode III
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>,Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>,Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:33:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unit at time compilation mode III
- References: <20030212160926.GA23054@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <200302121628.h1CGSHn31988@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
> > > The phrase "unit at time" is not correct English grammar;
> > > it should be "unit at a time".
> > > You might want to consider s/unit-at-time/unit-at-a-time/g
> > > and s/flag_unit_at_time/flag_unit_at_a_time/g
> > Hmm, I tend to preffer to omit articles in switches. But honestly I
> > tent to omit articles everywhere just because Czech language does not
> > use them. So here is updated patch with all the changes you suggested.
> > Thanks!
> Wouldn't "whole-file" be a better name for the flag anyway?
> Other alternatives are
I will rename it to whatever sounds more appropriate.
file is IMO less exact as unit can consist of multiple times. I choosed
unit at a time name as it seemed consistent with function at a time
patches made previously.