This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: VIA C3-2 support.
- From: Falk Hueffner <falk dot hueffner at student dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- To: Dave Jones <davej at codemonkey dot org dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 09 Feb 2003 22:11:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: VIA C3-2 support.
- References: <20030209150728.GA12877@codemonkey.org.uk>
Dave Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The Nehemiah (model 9) core of the VIA C3 is significantly different
> from the earlier C3s. It now has cmov (so we can generate i686 code
> for it now), and it dropped 3dnow, and implements SSE instead. This
> means that the existing -march=c3 will generate code that the C3-2
> cannot run (and vice versa)
BTW, the web page seems to indicate it has a special mode in which one
can access the RISC core directly ("AIS"). Does anybody know whether
there is documentation available about this? I really can't find any.
Maybe it would be worthwhile trying to generate these instructions