This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid DT_TEXTREL libgcj.so on s390*
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Hartmut Penner" <HPENNER at de dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:18:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid DT_TEXTREL libgcj.so on s390*
>libgcj has one .text relocation (against ffi_closure_helper_SYSV).
>Either it can be made .hidden (the attribute will be ignored by
>older GCCs), or sysv.S should call ffi_closure_helper_SYSV through
Doing PLT calls is a bit awkward as the ABI requires the GOT
register to be set up before calling a PLT stub. Also, the
code should work in the non-PIC case as well. Thus I agree
that making the helper function hidden is the best solution.
>The __attribute__ could be guarded with
>#if __GNUC__ > 3 || (__GNUC__ == 3 && __GNUC_MINOR__ > 2)
>if libffi is meant to be built by non-GCC compilers.
I guess we should do that. With this addition, your patch is OK;
if you've tested your change, could you please commit it?
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux for S/390 Design & Development
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032
Phone: +49-7031/16-3727 --- Email: Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com