This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] More CFG improvements [patch]
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Graham Stott <graham dot stott at btinternet dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:00:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] More CFG improvements [patch]
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <3E401D53.email@example.com>, Graham Stott writes:
>Diego Novillo wrote:
>> On Tue, 04 Feb 2003, Jeff Law wrote:
>>>Cool. Thanks. 20001226-1.c now compiles to completion with -O2 in just
>>>under 4 minutes (non-profiled) on my little 1Ghz machine:
>> You're using the wrong hardware. It takes 1:46 minutes on my P4 ;)
>But Jeff's used too those slow PA machines so giving him anything faster
>would spoil him ;-)
I wouldn't say "used to" -- I tolerated PAs. My R390/2 was a pretty
reasonable box for development for quite a while -- the 1.5G of ram
certainly helped :-) These days it's mostly just serving disk space
to the other machines.
I should probably reorganize things to avoid that -- it would probably
save bundles on my power bill.