This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH]: Covariant returns
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Nov 2002 17:03:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH]: Covariant returns
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <3DE6354A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> writes:
| this patch implement covariant return thunks. I used the generic thunk
| machinery, so it won't work for varadic functions.
I seem to recall that Mark implemented the case where the generic
thunk fails for virtual member functions recently. How would his idea
would be difficult for covariant returns? (I'm just curious).