This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix for ?Fmode descriptions on non-8-bit-byte machines.
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Fix for ?Fmode descriptions on non-8-bit-byte machines.
- From: Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew dot org>
- Date: 26 Jun 2001 14:26:12 +0200
- Cc: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at thief dot cygnus dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: nocrew
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com> writes:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
> > Of course, what we really want is that SFmode is the same size as
> > SImode; on machines with 16-bit bytes, this means that the
> > single-precision mode is HFmode.
> What's HFmode? I don't see any mention of it in rtl.texi.
documents BImode, OImode, PQImode, PHImode, QFmode, HFmode, TQFmode,
QCmode, and HCmode, as well as REG_POINTER.
A version of this patch was first sent to gcc-patches March 1, and has
been resubmitted four times since without any response.