This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: f/ansify.c uses ANSI features
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Subject: Re: f/ansify.c uses ANSI features
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:00:12 -0700
- Cc: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010405170610.S18113@rjlhome.sco.com> <200104070033.UAA12212@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 08:33:05PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> > John David Anglin wrote:
> > > This problem was noted when I attempted to do a full build
> > > under vax ultrix starting with the native compiler. The file
> > > f/ansify.c contains a number of ANSI features (function declaration
> I believe that the problem was introduced by this patch:
> 2000-11-10 Zack Weinberg <email@example.com>
> * Make-lang.in (f/fini.o, f/proj-h.o): Remove pointless sed
> munging of source file name.
> ($(srcdir)/f/intdoc.texi): Break up into several rules each of
> which builds just one thing. Don't mess with $(LANGUAGES).
> (f/ansify.o, f/intdoc.o): Remove unnecessary rules.
> Previously, f/intdoc.texi was only rebuilt if it was out of date with
> respect to the following source files: f/intdoc.c, f/intdoc.in, f/ansify.c,
> f/intrin.def and f/intrin.h. However, the patch changed the dependencies
> and now f/intdoc.texi always gets rebuilt in a clean build. However, this
> won't work if the initial compiler is non ANSI.
What's f/intdoc.texi doing getting built in stage 1? Nothing from the
Fortran directory should be touched until after gcc is available.