This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc/Makefile.in gcc-3_0-branch, fix ALL_C*FLAGS use in HOST entries
- To: gbsadler1 at lcisp dot com
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc/Makefile.in gcc-3_0-branch, fix ALL_C*FLAGS use in HOST entries
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:29:19 -0500
- CC: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010320224449.A9215@home-desktop>
> If you look at the HOST_CFLAGS and HOST_CPPFLAGS, both include
> ALL_C*FLAGS, however ALL_C*FLAGS is not defined until later. This just
> moves the definition to the correct spot to pick up those variables.
This shouldn't be needed, because makefile macros are expanded when
they're used, not when they're defined. Are you actually seeing a
problem with the current Makefile?