This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reorganize -ffast-math code.
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Reorganize -ffast-math code.
- From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:51:01 -0800 (PST)
- cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Brad Lucier wrote:
> First, it doesn't matter what the rounding precision is, but you can set
> it to double if you like. (The term "mode" refers to whether you "round to
> nearest", "truncate", "round up" or "round down".) Consider
You're an evil man.
Yup, that pretty much means that every single intermediate result would
have to go through memory to get truly predictable results.
Well, we all knew the x87 was evil. Some day 15 years from now, we can
only hope that we've left it behind us and nobody cares any more..