This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSE based conditional moves
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Re: SSE based conditional moves
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:01:42 -0800
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, patches at x86-64 dot org
- References: <20010227141634.R4466@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:16:34PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> Richard: What is the state of your considered tought concerning the reg-class
> tweek to avoid those '#'? It is getting deadly.
I'd like the register preferencing dump cost numbers to match up with
whatever choice we make. Currently it is impossible to look at a dump
and figure out what's going on.
> * i386.md (sse_mov?fcc*): New patterns and splitters.
> * i386.c (ix86_expand_movcc): Work post-reload; recognize
> the SSE based conditional moves.