This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Small combine glitch, testcase, and patch.
- To: Jason Eckhardt <jle at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Small combine glitch, testcase, and patch.
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:43:12 -0700
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.1010221184804.24150Afirstname.lastname@example.org>you writ
> In the testcase below, combine was erroneously deleting an smax operation
> because it concluded that the value of the operation under the if_then_else
> it fed (with the same operands) was always zero. This is due to incorrect
> handling of NE/EQ by known_cond.
> Bootstrapped on i686-linux (the testcase originally failed on hppa, but
> bootstrapping there is agonizingly slow).
> 2001-02-21 Jason Eckhardt <email@example.com>
> * combine.c (known_cond): Do not reverse the condition when
> SMAX/UMAX is being considered and the condition is for equality
> or inequality.
> * testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/20010221-1.c: New test.
Approved. Please install.