This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More support for non-standard IEEE float variants
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: More support for non-standard IEEE float variants
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:23:46 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:37:56PM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > * config/fp-bit.h (NORMAL_EXPMAX): New macro.
> > * config/fp-bit.c: (pack_d): Disable denormal handling when
> > NO_DENORMALS is defined.
> > Use NORMAL_EXPMAX instead of EXPBIAS to check for overflow.
> > (unpack_d): Disable NaN handling when NO_NANS is defined.
> > * real.c (LARGEST_EXPONENT_IS_NORMAL_FOR_MODE): Document, and set
> > default to 0.
> > (e24toe): Make detection of NaN & infinity exponent dependent
> > on LARGEST_EXPONENT_IS_NORMAL_FOR_MODE (SFmode).
> > (eto24e): Likewise. Issue a warning if infinities aren't allowed
> > and the number is too large.
> > * config/float-ieee-nonans.h: New file.
Sorry, I keep forgetting to forewarn people...
No write access. Can some apply it for me please?