This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: VAX PATCH: remove FILE_NAME_NONDIRECTORY
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Subject: Re: VAX PATCH: remove FILE_NAME_NONDIRECTORY
- From: Lars Brinkhoff <lars dot spam at nocrew dot org>
- Date: 23 Feb 2001 16:21:36 +0100
- Cc: tromey at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: nocrew
- References: <200102231513.KAA06293@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
"John David Anglin" <email@example.com> writes:
> OK, if there are no other objections to using the basename function,
> this looks like what needs to be done:
> 1) DIR_SEPARATOR needs to be defined to be `]' for VMS in
> libiberty/basename.c. Currently, I believe the basename call in
> mkdeps.c won't work properly.
vax/xm-vms.h also says directory specifications can be enclosed in
angle brackets. FILE_NAME_NONDIRECTORY also seems to check for ':'.
Can basename() handle this?