This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: VAX PATCH: remove FILE_NAME_NONDIRECTORY
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: VAX PATCH: remove FILE_NAME_NONDIRECTORY
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:13:21 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
> The basename referred to here is the program basename(1), not the
> library function basename(3). fixproto is a shell script. So this
> isn't actually supporting evidence for your argument.
OK, if there are no other objections to using the basename function,
this looks like what needs to be done:
1) DIR_SEPARATOR needs to be defined to be `]' for VMS in libiberty/basename.c.
Currently, I believe the basename call in mkdeps.c won't work properly.
2) A similar define needs to appear in vax/xm-vms.h (there already is one
in alpha/xm-vms.h). The FILE_NAME_NONDIRECTORY macro can be deleted
from this file.
3) The callers using file_name_nondirectory need to be changed to use
basename. The protos for file_name_nondirectory can be removed.
Does this look reasonable?
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)