This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rerunning CSE after GCSE
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Rerunning CSE after GCSE
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:09:54 -0700
- cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, vmakarov at redhat dot com
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org.
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> > We really need to speed up local CSE before running it anymore.
> Vlad had a patch for that about a year ago.
Yea, it worked by keeping state for each block and re-using that to speed
up skip-blocks, follow-jumps, etc etc if I recall.
It made huge improvements for speed, but I don't recall having any data on
its memory consumption.
I believe I've still got a copy if someone wants to start poking at it;
though I suspect Mark would rather us spend time dealing with issues
directly related to GCC 3.0.