This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: _fatal_insn doesn't cause ICE
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: _fatal_insn doesn't cause ICE
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 18 Feb 2001 17:13:13 +0100
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10102181528.AA12529@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
email@example.com (Richard Kenner) writes:
| It calls error, which increments errorcount, but we don't want to consider
| that an error for the purpose of seeing whether to say we were confused
| by earlier errors.
| I committed this in both the mainline and the branch:
| Sun Feb 18 09:30:09 2001 Richard Kenner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
| * diagnostic.c (_fatal_insn): Decrement errorcount.
| *** diagnostic.c 2001/02/08 17:18:47 1.51
| --- diagnostic.c 2001/02/18 14:57:31
| *************** _fatal_insn (msgid, insn, file, line, fu
| *** 1487,1490 ****
| --- 1487,1495 ----
| error ("%s", msgid);
| + /* The above incremented error_count, but isn't an error that we want to
| + count, so reset it here. */
| + errorcount--;
At some point we should make a clear distinction about all these and
properly factor out codes, instead of playing count games.
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com