This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
_fatal_insn doesn't cause ICE
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: _fatal_insn doesn't cause ICE
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Sun, 18 Feb 01 10:28:48 EST
It calls error, which increments errorcount, but we don't want to consider
that an error for the purpose of seeing whether to say we were confused
by earlier errors.
I committed this in both the mainline and the branch:
Sun Feb 18 09:30:09 2001 Richard Kenner <email@example.com>
* diagnostic.c (_fatal_insn): Decrement errorcount.
*** diagnostic.c 2001/02/08 17:18:47 1.51
--- diagnostic.c 2001/02/18 14:57:31
*************** _fatal_insn (msgid, insn, file, line, fu
*** 1487,1490 ****
--- 1487,1495 ----
error ("%s", msgid);
+ /* The above incremented error_count, but isn't an error that we want to
+ count, so reset it here. */
fancy_abort (file, line, function);