This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New test directory: g77.dg
- To: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: New test directory: g77.dg
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 16 Feb 2001 18:54:28 -0800
- CC: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010216174345.P9664@wolery.stanford.edu>
"Zack Weinberg" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This patch creates a new test directory, for g77 tests using the dg
> framework. There is one new test in this category: Tim Prince's
> cmove/regstack bug. I have not XFAILed this test because it is a
> regression from 2.95, and a patch is pending.
> I have verified that the new framework works, and that the test case
> does detect the bug when present. I'm holding off on application
> because I don't know what happens when you create a directory in CVS
> on a branch, then try to add it to the trunk too. (I'm not applying
> any patches to the trunk until it builds again.)
I've done this before, and it seems to work. I think CVS doesn't really
version-control directories, if you do 'cvs add' on a directory it's
immediately put into all branches.
> There's too damn much code duplication in testsuite/lib. No, I'm not
> volunteering to fix it.
Anyway, if you need approval for the patch, it's OK.
> * g77.dg: New directory.
> * g77.dg/20010216-1.f: New test case.
> * g77.dg/dg.exp: New driver.
> * lib/g77-dg.exp: New driver library.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>