This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: optimization/1945 fix
- To: Shane Nay <shane at agendacomputing dot com>
- Subject: Re: optimization/1945 fix
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:57:11 -0800
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 05:07:19AM -0800, Shane Nay wrote:
> + /* We need to check to make sure that we should be
> + emitting shift code, because if the argument isn't
> + getting used, it is considered a bug to emit
> + preparation code for it in mips_expand_prologue.
> + */
Ug. I don't think you want to be scanning the entire function.
I'd have said check "BASIC_BLOCK (0)->global_live_at_start", but
just remembered that that isn't valid at this point.
As much as I dislike the thing, I think you'll have to add a
REG_MAYBE_UNUSED note to these shift instructions.