This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
V3 PATCH: Insert `typename' and `ios_base::' where required
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: V3 PATCH: Insert `typename' and `ios_base::' where required
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:44:23 -0800
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
Unfortunately, this patch:
2001-02-15 Jeffrey Oldham <email@example.com>
* include/bits/c++config (_GLIBCPP_FULLY_COMPLIANT_HEADERS):
Define so library is compliant.
didn't get enough testing. Turning that on doesn't work because the
.tcc files that get included aren't legal C++. Bummer.
Most of the problems are fixed with this patch. There were missing
`ios_base::' references and missing `typename' keywords.
What I couldn't figure out how to fix, however, was:
int_type __plen = static_cast<size_t>(__newlen - __oldlen);
and such in ostream.tcc. This is invalid C++; it uses a
variable-sized array. The options are:
1. Change the algorithm somehow.
2. Dynamically allocate the memory.
Benjamin, what do you suggest?
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com