This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Version numbers
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Version numbers
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:49:33 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Jeff Law <law at cygnus dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Let's go with the versioning scheme you suggested.
> Would you mind making the appropriate change to the cron job to make
> that happen? Or is this something that I can somewhow control simply
> by checking something into CVS?
Both. The first part is the patch below that I just committed. The second
is the script running on gcc.gnu.org.
2001-02-15 Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* version.c: Bump to "3.0 20010215 (prerelease)".
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/version.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1136
diff -u -3 -p -r1.1136 version.c
--- version.c 2001/02/12 08:45:07 1.1136
+++ version.c 2001/02/15 21:47:57
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-const char *const version_string = "2.97 20010212 (experimental)";
+const char *const version_string = "3.0 20010215 (prerelease)";