This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: build/install failure with -jN, N > 1, and nonexistent $(prefix)
- To: Jim Meyering <jim at meyering dot net>
- Subject: Re: build/install failure with -jN, N > 1, and nonexistent $(prefix)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: 13 Feb 2001 09:49:23 -0500
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com>
Jim Meyering <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> 2001-01-20 Jim Meyering <email@example.com>
> * Makefile.in (install-common): Don't depend on installdirs here.
> Instead, make each of the lang.install-common targets (e.g.,
> c++.install-common in cp/Make-lang.in) depend on it.
> (install-driver): Depend on installdirs.
Looks OK to me, with two caveats:
1. The changelog patch in the patch (which shouldn't be there) doesn't
match the changelog entry before the patch. Make sure the right
one gets checked in.
2. Please make similar patches for the ch, f, and objc subdirectories.
cp and java aren't the only languages gcc supports.