This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] add -fno-exceptions support
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [v3] add -fno-exceptions support
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 13 Feb 2001 12:19:00 +0000
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200102122348.f1CNmBV24154@fillmore.constant.com>
>>>>> "Benjamin" == Benjamin Kosnik <email@example.com> writes:
> This patch allows one to compile libstdc++-v3 with -fno-exceptions, if
> so desired.
> I'm posting this for comments only: __EXCEPTIONS is still broken so I
> can't really be sure that nothing breaks with this.
I'll check in a fix today.
> * libsupc++/new_op.cc (new): Include functexcept.h. Use
> std::__throw_bad_alloc() instead of throw bad_alloc.
This is wrong. Nothing in libsupc++ should depend on anything but
libsupc++, libgcc and (as little as possible) the C library. Similarly,
std::__throw_bad_cast should call __cxa_bad_cast, not the other way around.