This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: gcc/Makefile.in and target 'distclean'
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: gcc/Makefile.in and target 'distclean'
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:41:34 +0000
- cc: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> On Feb 11, 2001, Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > but also for srcdir != objdir, as it is not a file generated during
> > configury or build.
> But it *is* generated during configury.
I think the file in the distribution should be called something other than
.gdbinit. Then configure can create the real .gdbinit by copying it (or
whatever else it does). This way we avoid configure having to different
things depending on whether srcdir==objdir or not.