This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH: Remove old ABI support
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH: Remove old ABI support
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:06:11 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> This patch removes the bulk of the old ABI support in G++, which will
> make the code easier to deal with as we try to speed up the compiler
> and reduce its memory usage.
The following also seem to need to be done to complete this removal:
* -fsquangle and flag_do_squangling should go.
* -fsquangle and -fnew-abi should go in unsupported_options in decl2.c.
* lang-options.h should lose -fnew-abi and -fsquangle (and the -fno-
* lang-specs.h should lose support for -fno-new-abi.
* invoke.texi should lose documentation of -fsquangle. (-fnew-abi was
Joseph S. Myers