This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug in gcc CVS HEAD from a few days ago with alloca and stack alignment
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>,Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>,khendricks at ivey dot uwo dot ca
- Subject: Re: Bug in gcc CVS HEAD from a few days ago with alloca and stack alignment
- From: Kevin B. Hendricks <khendricks at ivey dot uwo dot ca>
- Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:40:08 -0500
- Cc: khendricks at ivey dot uwo dot ca,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- References: <200102110033.TAA37292@mal-ach.watson.ibm.com> <01021110234900.06272@localhost> <200102120005.QAA03275@geoffk.org>
- Reply-To: khendricks at ivey dot uwo dot ca
> > Or are you saying something is broken in gcc and libffi is correct but we
> > just don't know where to fix it?
> Yes. (Mind, a proper bug report would make it much easier to find the
> problem. You said something about alloca?)
Yes, the original message in this series (archived at the gcc mailing list)
provided a the source code to one of the libffi routines (java_raw_api.c) and
a disasembly that showed that prior to the alloca call r1 was aligned to 16
but after the stwux command which grew the stack for alloca, r1 was now
aligned to 8.
I really would like to get a proper fix into the tree so what other
information is needed to supply a proper bug report so that we can get this
one tracked down and fixed?