This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove gratuitous demangler differences
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove gratuitous demangler differences
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:26:59 -0500 (EST)
- cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 11 Feb 2001, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> | This patch removes differences between the old and new demangler that
> | really aren't necessary (unsigned vs unsigned int, () vs (void)).
> It is desirable that the demangled names match as much as
> possible V3/C++-STYLE
I'll wrap these changes in DMGL_GDB if you like.
But that's just gonna cause more maintenance hassle.
However, this is a *major* issue for GDB, at the very least, and I would
imagine we are not the only thing that doesn't expect random differences
from the old ABI demangler to the new ABI demangler, for the same code.