This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [testcase] dwarf2out ICE
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [testcase] dwarf2out ICE
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 10 Feb 2001 00:54:10 +0000
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010207163938.H16457@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
>>>>> "Jakub" == Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The following testcase ICEs in add_abstract_origin. I believe dwarf2out is
> confused by the same function beeing first extern inline and then defined as
> non-inline function, the ICE is when looking up die for f2.
Well, yes. The dwarf2 backend assumes, I think reasonably, that there will
only be one inline function for each FUNCTION_DECL, so it never emits the
abstract version of the second f1, so when we go looking for it we fail.
This can be fixed by suppressing inlining of the second f1, which we should
I think we should move DECL_UNINLINABLE into the backend.
> Can I check the testcase in?
There is already a testcase like this: gcc.c-torture/compile/20000120-2.c.