This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [V3 PATCH] char extraction uses wrong cast
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: [V3 PATCH] char extraction uses wrong cast
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 06 Feb 2001 16:20:45 +0000
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010206110830.A13904@disaster.jaj.com>
>>>>> "Phil" == Phil Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> As discussed on the V3 list, the code for "is >> c" where c was specified
> as a signed or signed char was wrong
> (static_cast's don't yield lvalues).
^to non-reference types