This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Making more builtins fold-able, and handling side-effects in args
- To: ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu
- Subject: Re: Making more builtins fold-able, and handling side-effects in args
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 01 23:50:57 EST
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
Agreed, except I think a reading of the comments for COMPOUND_EXPR in
tree.def says the reverse WRT which arg is ignored and which is
retained during folding.
Sorry, I got the numbers backwards. What I meant to say is that the
type of the operand that represents the result needs to be the same
as that of the COMPOUND_EXPR, but that the type of the operand that
es evaluated only for side effects does not matter.