This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new allocator: df must use FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: new allocator: df must use FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:01:34 -0500 (EST)
- cc: <dberlin at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Richard Kenner wrote:
> No worries, i already stopped using it for global register life purposes,
> and just use it for the various chains.
> Whatever you are using it for, POINTER_SIZE can't be right. Perhaps
> GET_MODE_BITSIZE (Pmode), but not POINTER_SIZE.
It's a good thing it doesn't matter then, since what it's used for doesn't
need to worry about this.
Not that it shouldn't be fixed, but it's not relevant to the new
allocator, just df.c in general.