This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix __builtin_return_address() on PPC
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>,David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix __builtin_return_address() on PPC
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:28:19 +0100
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com> <200102051927.OAA38100@mal-ach.watson.ibm.com> <20010205135546.B21325@redhat.com>
On Monday 05 February 2001 22:55, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 02:27:01PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:
> > SVR4 uses them, but they are suppose to be provided by the base
> > system, not the compiler. I would have expected libc.so to provide them,
> > not libgcc.so.
> Sure enough, glibc includes these routines. Which probably means
> that hosted systems should not be including this file at all.
Even though we are hosted, we still support -meabi in every SYSV config so
far, I guess changing that will be disliked by a lot of people.
So I still think it's enough to make sure eabi.S only ends up in the static
libgcc, but not in the shared one. What problems do do see with such a