This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix __builtin_return_address() on PPC
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix __builtin_return_address() on PPC
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:55:46 -0800
- Cc: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com> <200102051927.OAA38100@mal-ach.watson.ibm.com>
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 02:27:01PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Why PIC macro as the test?
Thinko -- crtbegin is compiled twice, and that is the macro
used. But the libgcc bits aren't compiled twice.
> SVR4 uses them, but they are suppose to be provided by the base
> system, not the compiler. I would have expected libc.so to provide them,
> not libgcc.so.
Sure enough, glibc includes these routines. Which probably means
that hosted systems should not be including this file at all.