This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More uses of "fatal"
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: More uses of "fatal"
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:11:10 -0500
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10102051452.AA21920@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:52:09AM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> That's as may be, but while we're there already :-), can you maybe
> document the existing categories / function calls? Say I'm adding
> code and want the compiler to choke; how do I know which "fatal"
> function to use?
> That's in the documentation in front of each routine in diagnostic.c.
> Can you suggest a place to put the overview?
Given the lack of a GCC Developer's Manual, how does the top of diagnostic.h
sound to you?
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.