This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Re: Another weird sparc solaris 2.8 compiler error
- To: David Korn <dkorn at pixelpower dot com>
- Subject: Re: [patch] Re: Another weird sparc solaris 2.8 compiler error
- From: Jeff Sturm <jeff dot sturm at commerceone dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:04:04 -0500
- CC: "'java at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: Commerce One
- References: <718D38CAB6E0D011B2C90060970C28A564266B@EXCHANGESERVER>
David Korn wrote:
> >This is maybe a dumb question... why not have jvgenmain generate a C++
> >source instead, and let the compiler do the mangling?
> Coz it still has to work even with --enable-languages=c,java ? (No c++)
I don't think that works... c++ is required to build java. I suppose cc1plus
could be removed after install, but why bother?