This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: F-O-M (was: Patch for old FAQ links)
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: F-O-M (was: Patch for old FAQ links)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:36:44 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>> What precisely are you looking for? Copyright requirements for
>> contributions? Or the copyright to put on the FAQ itself?
> Whether copyright assignments are needed for contributions (and so,
> whether we can use any useful answers that may have been put in by
> contributors to the FOM who don't have assignments on file).
I don't think we need copyright assignments for that. The FSF tells us
that patches up to about 15 lines are fine w/o a copyright assignment,
and most FAQ entries won't exceed that.
Also, the risk of a copyright problem is rather small for a FAQ (and
removing items upon request is trivial, as opposed to code patches).
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/