This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: macros in .md files
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: macros in .md files
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:09:48 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> The facility already exists for a target to have its MD file passed
> through CPP. See md_cppflags in configure.in.
> I forget which port used this (apparently none do now), but the
> facility is there.
Indeed, no port in cvs uses it. It is also not documented. If this
is supposed to be supported, I suppose it should be documented in md.texi.
I have a few concerns about using cpp, though.
First, can we assume that cpp is available without restricting portability?
Second, won't cpp's concept of C preprocessor tokens cause trouble when
applied to the md language?