This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem inlining in c++ (was Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf -> fputs transformations)
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Problem inlining in c++ (was Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf -> fputs transformations)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:53:23 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009210229.WAA14362@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 10:29:03PM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> However the C++ front end emits the __builtin_stdout function
> out-of-line and issues a call to it when gathering the fputs args.
This is because C++ does inlining at the tree level, not
the RTL level. In a short while, the C front end will do
the same thing.
So, like I mentioned before, we should probably be doing
these sorts of optimizations in the front end instead of