This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Tiny speedups..
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Tiny speedups..
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 00 07:08:27 EDT
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
I actually think it's a mistake to spell function-like macros in
ALL_CAPS, precisely because that makes changing back-and-forth unduly
disruptive. In my opinion, we should only use ALL_CAPS for accessors
and simple predicates. I don't know what others thing about this.
My feeling is that we should use ALL_CAPS in cases when it's important
to be aware that it's a macro, but when we make "wrappers" for efficiency
purposes where we basically want to pretend it's a function, that it
should be lower case. For example, size_int is a macro.
In other words, I agree with you.