This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Incorrect code using gcc 2.8.x for Motorola 5200 Coldfire
- To: law at cygnus dot com, Russ Fellows <rfellows at intellistor dot com>
- Subject: Re: Incorrect code using gcc 2.8.x for Motorola 5200 Coldfire
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:41:23 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <35E577BF.D73E3356@intellistor.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Sun, Aug 30, 1998 at 06:45:41PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> In message <35E577BF.D73E3356@intellistor.com>you write:
> > This is not allowed, but does not produce a
> > trap or illegal instruction on the 5200 series. It does do this
> > on the 5307 specifically however.
> If such code is allowed on the 5200, but not the 5307, then you should
> probably create a new target flag for the 5307 so that you can test
> for it explicitly instead of pessimizing the 5200.
What I understood him to be saying is that it isn't allowed,
but silently does the wrong thing on the 5200. Correct?