This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need someone to look at a regression
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Need someone to look at a regression
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:59:57 -0600
- cc: raeburn at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808310238.WAA06991@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
> Anyway in trying to piece together what's going on, I looked in
> libgcc2.c and noticed that it avoids the warning by doing:
> > typedef float SFtype __attribute__ ((mode (SF)));
> > typedef float DFtype __attribute__ ((mode (DF)));
> So at least to be consistent, I'd like to put 'typedef float'
> into fp-bit.c instead of 'typedef int'.
> Sadly, I am unable to test either of the explicit types now
> because in trying to bootstrap the trunk (checked out earlier today) on
> the platform where this all happened (powerpc-ibm-aix22.214.171.124) I'm
> getting major bootstrap problems.
Presumably this is not during the stage1 compile? Which would indicate
that the compiler has mis-compiled itself at some point.