This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug fix for egcs-1.1
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at ozemail dot com dot au>
- Subject: Re: Bug fix for egcs-1.1
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:01:06 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808181717.DAA20100@geoffk.wattle.id.au>you write:
> I attach a patch based on the 19980816 egcs snapshot that fixes the
> following bug:
> On powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, compiling the attached 'test12.c' with
> 'gcc -O2 test12.c -o test12', and running it, the program abort()s,
> when it should not.
Thanks. I'm going to see if I can coax this ppc specifc test into
a more general test :-)
As for the fix, the real bug is actually in choose_reload_regs, but
fixing it is somewhat involved.
So for egcs-1.1, we're installing a variant of your patch. Jim and
Joern will continue to work on the right fix for the mainline tree.