This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: K6 patches for review
- To: jfc at tiac dot net
- Subject: Re: K6 patches for review
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:58:15 -0700
- CC: egcs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199808221346.JAA09718@pc.>
From: John Carr <email@example.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 09:46:34 EDT
This patch adds AMD K6 optimizations, based on AMD publication 21924B
for the K6-2. I don't know if the K6 pipeline is significantly
different. I have not run benchmarks yet.
You will get more profitable results if you use a slotting scheme like
I did on the UltraSparc using the MD_SCHED macros. Haifa is really
dumb. Haifa never got quad issue on Ultra before my hacks, I simply
couldn't describe the chip using the current define_function_unit
scheme, now for FPU code Haifa gets quad issue often. ADJUST_COST is
yet another hack that doesn't work at all...
David S. Miller