This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH for Re: more evidence that failing to detect ICE's is a significant problem
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH for Re: more evidence that failing to detect ICE's is a significant problem
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:34:02 -0600
- cc: mark at markmitchell dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> Oops, I forgot to respond to this before. I don't think this patch is a
> good idea, as there's no way to set XFAIL for the ICE. I think the old way
> of considering an ICE to be a failure was fine. Sure, all crashes are
> bugs, but not necessarily worse bugs than others.
It had been sitting for a while, so I figured it was free game :-)
It sounds like you and Mark are still discussing if the patch should
stay or go. If y'all decide the patch should be reverted, then revert
it -- I've got no strong opinions either way.