This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ARM port does not ignore -fpic
- To: richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com
- Subject: Re: ARM port does not ignore -fpic
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:37:03 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808181208.NAA00006@sun52.NIS.cambridge>you write:
> Jeff, can the following go into egcs-1.1? It is not true that the
> compiler ignores the -fPIC flag, we just don't support it (yet -- no
> support in the assembler).
> Tue Aug 18 13:05:59 BST 1998 Richard Earnshaw (email@example.com)
> * arm.c (arm_override_options): Remove lie about ignoring PIC flag.
Installed on the branch. I'll let you take care of the mainline sources.